Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Different culture 0.0

Last week, I went to Kuching to take IELTS test, the very final requirement for my MBBS offer at Monash... the test was made up of 4 sections, and I did it separately on fri afternoon and sat morning... Although I was super nervous for speaking and writing, all in all I guess it went alright, just hope that I passed, haha... the only 'good' thing I encountered during the test was that I saw this cute and pretty girl from Penang... but that doesn't matter, lol...


Anyway, the main point of this post is something else... On fri night, I followed my cousin's wife, who's a Filipino, to her Filipino fren's house for dinner... all her frens gathered there for some sort of gathering, and their culture reli surprised me to the max! Seriously, Filipinos are super HIGH and NOISY when they get together! Normally u'll think the kids would be the naughtiest and noisiest... but this is not the case with them... the adults themselves, or specifically the adult women r the noisiest...

Whenever one of the friends arrived, they would weigh the person and take a picture of her... their weights will then be recorded in a book... do u know what they're actually doing? Apparently they're having a competition among themselves called 'The Biggest Loser'... for some of u who might have seen it in tv before, u'll know what's it's all abt... it's basically a competition to see who loses the most weight in the end of a period from the start of competition...



Other than that, the way they chatted among themselves, u'll seriously wonder if they're drunk... haha, super noisy and loud... they oso had a photo taking session with all the fake princess crowns and stuffs, reli like little girls wor... haha...


I just guess their culture is so different from us chinese... when chinese ppl grow up, we tend to feel that we shud take care of our reputation properly... most chinese would think these filipinos r a bit uncivilised... but honestly, if u think of it from another angle, they're just being honest with themselves and express themselves sincerely... that is sth chinese adults can only see n wish that they can do it but they can't, because that's just so different from our chinese culture...

No comments:

Post a Comment