Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011!!

Here, I would like to wish all of u a happy, blessed and merry Christmas! xD

The busiest month of a calendar year for me every year has to be December, when church activities are non-stop and the Christmas season is around the corner... I have to say, other than Chinese New Year, Christmas is my number 2 favorite season in a year... I love all the Christmas songs, gatherings with family and frens, and most importantly, this is the celebration for the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ...

This year, my schedule had been as busy as ever, with many activities which I took part... It all starts from last Saturday night when we had a combined Christmas caroling or more commonly known as the annual Christmas procession in Sibu... Just like for the past two years, this year I joined the Youth of our church in procession... However, the procession this year is a bit more interesting, because it rained so heavily even before we started walking! I was completely wet because I had to help in moving our Cross and Icon from church to the Sibu Town Square, and in the process, I got wet completely... This is what u call proclaiming the Good News of Jesus in rain! Haha... Thankfully, the rain stopped right when we started walking and everything else went well... ^^

Christmas Procession 2011

Then, the next day, I had Christmas caroling with my church frens at night, where we go to houses to proclaim the birth of Jesus to them... we did this every year, and this year was the longest, as in we ended the whole activity around 12.30am! This year, we got a bus to fetch us from house to house, and as we walked into the houses, we would sing Christmas songs so that houses nearby could hear our voices... it was quite an experience, and everyone had a great time...

On Monday, the youths of my church had to perform a dance for the song 'Joy to the World' at night... it was the opening performance for a public Christmas caroling organized by YMCA... To prepare for it, all of us went to church around 2pm to practise the dance over and over again, and performed the whole thing at night... Tonight would be Christmas Eve Mass in church, and at 12am later, it would be Christmas!! xD

We should all remember that Christmas is not mainly about Santa Claus or presents or mistletoe or anything like that... The most important thing about Christmas is the birth of Jesus Christ! Let us all rejoice that a child is born tonight, and he is our Lord Jesus Christ... Have a blessed Christmas, everyone! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment